‘I Once Rejected N500m Bribe To Rig Osun Governorship Election For PDP’ -Ondo REC, Agbaje

mr-segun-agbaje-rec-ondo-state-e1478222581791

Allegations made by Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim that the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Ondo State, Mr. Olusegun Agbaje demanded $1m bribe from him has been denied.

Mr. Agbaje, yesterday, while denying bribery allegation made against him said he had repeatedly declined invitations from a serving governor, adding that Ibrahim’s grouse against him was that he refused a request for them to meet in London.

Agbaje said Ibrahim approached him through one of his friends who is currently residing in London.

Agbaje, who is the Ondo State’s Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC. also revealed how he was at a point offered N500 million to rig the last governorship election in Osun State in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, when he was serving there.

The resident commissioner spoke at a dialogue session with a coalition of over 60 Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, led by the Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre, PLAC, said he rejected the money, which he said was brought in a van at night by certain chieftains of the PDP.

“So it baffles me now to see allegations being raised against me. I have never met Jimoh Ibrahim in my life. I have never spoken with him in my life. There is one of my friends, an old friend, Mr. Austin Obiagwu who was a former Managing Director of Broad Bank which later merged with Union Bank. He called me sometimes in April this year and said Segun how now, long time! He said when will I come to London, that he has been there for some time. I said ok, that I might be in London later in that April for the ceremony of one of my children and that I will see him then.

“He then told me that there is a friend of his that would want to meet me and that his name is Jimoh Ibrahim. I think he said he was in Accord Party. Either Accord or Alliance Party, I can’t remember. That was in April this year; he was certainly not in PDP then.”

 

The post ‘I Once Rejected N500m Bribe To Rig Osun Governorship Election For PDP’ -Ondo REC, Agbaje appeared first on LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS.



from LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS http://ift.tt/2ev215L
via IFTTT


SHARE THIS
Previous Post
Next Post