[PHOTO] 23-year-Old Boy Dies While Struggling For Gun, Mother Says His Death Is A Relief

quadri-adesina

A 23-year-old boy, Yusuf Azeez has been killed by an alleged accidental discharge from the gun of a vigilance group commander, Quadri Adesina in the Oke Aro area of Ogun State.

Ogun State Police has hence arrested the suspect. The victim was reported to have struggled to collect the gun from the suspect when a bullet hit him in the thigh. He was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital in the area when he when he was rushed there.

PUNCH learnt that the deceased’s mother, 42-year-old Toyin Akintayo, had invited Adesina and his colleagues to her residence on CAC Street, Oke Aro, around 8pm on Tuesday to apprehend Azeez, who allegedly threatened to kill her.

It was gathered that Azeez had arrived at home on that day at about 6pm and requested his dinner. The mother was said to have explained to him that she didn’t have enough money to prepare a meal.

The mother said, “I wanted to break my fast on that day with garri when he arrived at home. I said there was no kerosene in the stove to prepare food for him and his younger brother. I gave him N200 and the brother N70. He said the N200 was small and threw it at me.

“I explained to him that it was all I had and that we wouldn’t have been in the situation if he did not steal the compressor of my freezer, which I used to sell ice blocks. I also advised him to find a job. He became angry and started threatening me with a knife and the shard of a bottle. He said he would not allow me to sleep at home that night and vowed to kill me.

“I sneaked out to call members of a vigilance group beside our house. They followed me home and tried to pacify him. He fought them and fought for the control of  a gun that one of them carried. The gun exploded in the process and he was injured in the thigh. He died at a hospital near here.”

Akintayo described her son’s death as a relief to her, saying she could no longer endure the shame his notoriety for “stealing and street fighting” had brought to the family.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ogun State Police Command, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident.

 

The post [PHOTO] 23-year-Old Boy Dies While Struggling For Gun, Mother Says His Death Is A Relief appeared first on LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS.



from LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS http://ift.tt/2fCqZiD
via IFTTT


SHARE THIS
Previous Post
Next Post